Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Essential Oils 101!


How I use my Essential Oils


Ok,  you have your essential oils,  now what do you do with them.   If you're new to Essential Oils,  you ordered them with every intention of using them,  but then poof there they are sitting on the shelf or in the drawer with no idea where to begin.      How do I know this?   I did the same thing when I first wanted to use essential oils.   (You'll find a considerable number of posts on essential oils by searching my blog).

There are many ways to use them but I have found that I personally use them 5 different ways,  so I thought I would share them with you

I of course use my Jordan Essentials Essential Oils and the graphic shows our 6 main scents,  can be purchased individually or in a set.


TOPICALLY:   Typically I will put a little lotion in my hand (Of coure I use Jordan Essentials)   add a drop or two of my desired essential oil,  hand mixing in my hand,  then apply to my body where I want.    If I have a cold or my allergies are acting up I apply to the bottom of my feet.    He is a chart that you can use as a guide to help you with deciding the best place to apply.

INHALE:    I will hold the bottle under my nose and breath in.   I use the Orange essential oils when I want a quick pick me up  or I need to lighten my mood.    I inhale Tea Tree all the time  as it hepls to clear my head and help me to breath when my allergies are acting up.  Or I'll apply to a tissue and lay it on my pillow when heading to bed.    Have to tattle on non-believing hubby --  thought I was seeing things the first time I saw him using it,   now he has his own bottle in his night stand.

DIFFUSION:   I love using the essential oils in my Diffuser,  especially the Lemon,  Orange and Tea Tree will even mix them together.     2-5 drops is all that you need in the diffuser.    This is not a case of more is better.

BATHS/SHOWER:    Yes they can be used in the shower too.    When taking a bath,  I'll add 2-5 drops in the tub of what ever scent I am in the mood for,  lavendar is a great one to use if you're trying to relax or just before bed.     In the Shower is drop a few drops in the back of the shower and have them interact with the steam.    I will also hand mix some with my Shampoo -  just adding 1 or 2 drops of my chosen essential oil

MASSAGE:  This is one that I LOVE,  but do not get enough of   but I'll have David add a drop or  two to the Magnesium Lotion and massage my shoulders and back.

If you have specific questions about Essential Oils and their use,  use the form in the side bar to message me and I'll try and point you in a direction.     If you're in the greater Houston Area,  and would like to have a friend or two or five join you for a Essential Oils 101 class -  I'll bring the oils and we can all play!    Out of the area,  happy to do it on Facebook,  or Zoom with you  and a couple of your friends. 

#essentialoils   #jordanessentials  #CathyJELady  #essentialoils101


No comments: