Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Stressed? Take a Nature Pill!



In my ongoing quest for a healthier lifestyle.  I finally renewed my subscription to Prevention Magazine.and saw this article right after  coming back from a weeks vacation in the mountains of Colorado (the leaves still had not begun to change) allowed us time to take our walks and enjoy nature.





The article  suggests spending 20 minutes in nature.  It goes on toe say that new research in Frontiers in Psychology is the first to measure the most effective dose of GREEN therapy using a physiological response:  level of cortisol, a stress hormone . . . . . discovered that just  sitting or walking in a park or the woods for just 20 minutes led to a significant drop in cortisol levels.




This was our 4th trip to this dude ranch,  and I believe that we've done the most walking that we ever have,  we even made it up the hill to the petting zoo - which my husband thoroughly enjoyed.  We Stay at Elk Mountain Ranch,  where we are totally spoiled for a week.  .

I could just feel the stress melting away.  I even got in a lot more exercise,  just walking  in the wilderness.




𝓒π“ͺ𝓽𝓱𝔂 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓙𝓔 𝓛π“ͺ𝓭𝔂

No comments: