Thursday, April 10, 2014

Here I come!

01So excited,  it's been awhile since I've had the opportunity to attend any of the 3 Regional Conference for American Business Women's Association.   I just celebrated by 24th anniversary of being a member of this wonderful organization,  and I can honestly say that I would not be where I am today as a person or as a business owner if it had not been for the organization and friend that I've developed along the way.

It's in my own back yard this year,  so I made plans to attend, and so looking forward to spending the time with some of  my friends and catching up with so many others.

I always seem to fill my schedule up,  when I'm not in classes,  or shopping with the vendors to socialize and network.   Just love it now,  20 plus years ago when I joined the organization, I can honestly say that networking with people I didn't know scared me to death. . . Now I'm addicted!

Also looking forward to hearing Suzette Peoples a dear friend,  and Debbie Holliday my accountant who are both candidates for District II Vice President.   I wish them both well as well as the others who are vying for that same position.  Having held that office myself in the past,  I know what a growth experience this will be for them.

My poor husband can't understand why my choice to pay for a motel room when it's only a 45 minute drive.  It's because it give me "girl time with my best buds as we're sharing the room"  and when I finally finish for the day,  it'll give me a few more hours of sleep. (seems I'm not as young as I used to be).   Then it's up early to start all over again.  That he understands. . . What he has problems understanding is why if I'm only going for two nights and I'll be home Saturday evening. . . . why is there so much in my suitcase!

Well you need a change of clothes for every day,  then you need the dressy outfit,  and the kick back and relax outfit.  The extra tops in case something does not quite make it from the plate to the mouth.  Then an extra top just in case one of the others just does not look right!  Then add the makeup, hair stuff and other bathroom stuff and sure enough  a full suitcase!

Well I'm out of work at 4 and headed down to the Marriott Town Square in Sugar Land. . .


**  Note to my regular readers Thursday is normally "testimony day",  however since I'm participating in a blog challenge this month I'm changing it up for the moment.

2 comments:

The Pinterest Experiment said...

Wow! It sounds like you are going to have a blast! Enjoy it!

Salma - The Write Balance said...

Sounds this annual tradition is also a lot of fun!