Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Essential Oils -- What is Blending

"Blending"  Essential Oils . . .  was not a term that I was familiar with and then Jordan Essentials launched 5 blends that I'm loving.   So once again that NEED TO KNOW was driving me to find out more about the elaborate process of blending.

It turns out that I've been blending on my own with out realizing there was an official name!   It's been in several of my previous posts,  but without the "Official Name of Blending".   Taking both lavender and eculyptus and mixing together with lotion for my cough is "blending".    Taking Peppermint and Orange and mixing with sunflower oil is actuall y "blending".    I have to say that it's blending on the very basic level.

However,  when digging much deeper into the research,  Essential Oils container "NOTES"  and each of the oils falls into a different  note.   Some are TOP Notes,  while others are MIDDLE Notes and then there are your BASE notes.  One could spend a lot of time mixing and combining to find just the "BLEND" that you want.

Personally I love using the blends,  that are more complicated that someone else has taken the time and trouble to develop and test.

Here are some of my favorite blends:

Happiness:  I've been using this one for about a year,  and it's been a big help with my hot flashes.   It blends Rose, Sage, Citrus blengds, Ylang Ylang and Jasmine essential oils.  I use this in both a spray and lotion.

Lemongrass Citrus:  This I use whenever I'm outdoors to help protect me from bug bites.  It containers  Lemongrass, Orange and Geranium  (even my husband loves this one) and puts it on before going out.  Use it in both lotion and spritzer.

Engery:  Got me through work during the month of March when my allergies were so bad.  It's a blend of Peppermint, Rosemary, Lemon and Eucalyptus oils.

Sleep:   This one I use on my husband and it helps him.   Lavender, Neroli, Sweet Orange and Chamomile  (just put it on his big toes,  and he's sleeping so much better)

There are other blends that I'm looking to try, and can't wait to report back on how they are working.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

thanks for shairng i have neve hear dof this but its great t hear about and leanr something new

Anonymous said...

Wow! That energy blend sounds great! Sure would be healthier to do that instead of drinking a Red Bull!