Saturday, April 5, 2014

The Question: How do I use Essential Oils . . . .

Personally I was so excited when Jordan Essential came out with the Essentials Oils.  It's something that I always wanted to know more about,  however I was totally clueless on where to start.    So with the Training that we received from the home office when they were launch, it provided me the base to move forward, and move forward with excitement I did.    I can honestly say that I will turn to my essential oils before the medicine cabinet.

Like many people I had made a "lot of assumptions" about essential oils,  and I have to be honest and admit that many of them were WRONG!

FACT:  There are 3 basic ways to use essential oils   "Inhaling",  "Topical" and by mouth.   Turns out that this was the one thing that I knew going in that was not wrong.

FACT:  When using on your skin directly it should always be combined with a carrier oil or lotion.    This one surprised me as I had been using Tea Tree oil on my bites and allergies for sometime.  However,  when I purchased the Tea Tree Oil (numbers times) no one ever mentioned this.   So,  I started doing research on my own on the trusty web,  in books and asking more questions.    Everything I read told me that yes "high grade therapeutic essential oils"  should be combined with a carrier oil.

FACT: To inhale there are numerous ways not just opening the bottle and smelling,  or dropping a few drops in the shower.    There were both ways that I was doing it . . . but there are some other great ways to do this that I will be sharing in the days to come.

FACT:   Essential Oils are not just for allergies and bug bites.  I've enjoyed learning about some of the wonderful other things that Essential Oils are good for.  There are so many more for me to research but some of my favorites are stress reduction,  help with acid reflux, help with headaches,  IBS,  Menopause and I'm looking forward to learning more about.

FACT:  That the best place to apply the oil is on the spot in question.  To my surprise there are so many places to apply your essential oils that have nothing to do with the location on your body.  Never would have thought about ears and feet.

Over the next few Blog posting I'll be sharing more about the various uses of essential oils and other interesting facts.

4 comments:

Citrus Spice and Travels said...

I love essential oils .I always put a few drops in a burner and the whole room smells gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy using essentials oil,good post on how to use them.

Carrie Tripp said...

I have heard of essential oils, and even read a blog posts on specific ones, but never have I heard basic information. This is very informative and I am intrigued.

Cathy said...

Carrie Ann, I think many write to show everything that essential oils can do, but it can be so overwhelming, I wanted to take it down to quick and simple. After all that is where 90% of us need to start. Jordan Essentials has opened a lot of doors for me with the essential oils and now even some of our premixed blends. Be sure to check out some of my older posts on the essential oils. I'll be happy to answer any questions that you may have. CathyJELady@gmail.com
http://www.myjestore.com/CatherineJames