Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Mother's Day is right around the corner.

I know that Easter is this weekend and I'm looking forward to a wonderful weekend with my Husband.  However I have to say that my eyes are looking forward to Mother's Day.  

We always spend some time with my mother,  and talk to my Mother-in-Law on the phone,  however when I was on a leadership conference call on Monday,  a comment was made and it really got me thinking.  What about those  "Mothers" that don't receive anything.

Maybe if each one of us,  gave a "Mother's Day Gift"  to someone that we know,  just to let them know that we appreciate what they go through..   What about those single mom's who are working hard just to make ends meet.    What about our Military Wives, who's husband's are so far away and are raising the children with his long distance help.

Or the Auntie's and Grandma's that step up to the plate whenever needed to help.   Or a Homeless Mother living out of a shelter with her children.

I know that I will be giving a few extra Mother's Day gifts this year to let them know that they are appreciated for what they are doing.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for this wonderful post. There are so many women who play a role as a mother who do not have children.

As one I appreciate this.

joangogreenlivegreen said...

Awesome post Cathy! Thanks for sharing :)

Anonymous said...

Excellent read.