Friday, August 23, 2019

Putting your best face forward in the Heat of Summer!


WHEW!  It's been hot here in Houston.  Can not begin to count the number of 100+ days that we have had,  combined with our humidity --  I can only say  THANK YOU for air conditioning.   But we're not alone as August is one of the hottest months of the year across the country.  I keep thinking remain calm,  summer is almost over and cooler weather is just around the corner.

Personally August is one of the toughest months on my face.  Going back and forth from the Air Conditioned office to the NOT air conditioned warehouse.  Outside yard work,  evenings on the back porch swing, walking the dogs and taking nature pictures all stress out my face and lips


I've been reading up on what some of the experts are saying to keep your face looks FRESH throughout the "dog days of summer"  (a term I only remember my grandmother using).
— Set your face up for success. Before you even pick up a brush or palette, Cassandra McClure,  celebrity makeup artist and host of the “Clean Beauty” podcast recommends cleansing and exfoliating your face. “It’s going to make your skin look brighter, tighter, get rid of fine lines and wrinkles … so that your skin can grab onto the next step which is your serum and then moisturizer,” McClure says    
Washing my face after getting all sweaty  with the Jordan Essentials Cucumber Spa Polish give me such as amazingly clean feeling! 
“Another great product to use when it’s hot is a toner,” says Liz Jeneault, a beauty influencer and the vice president of marketing at Faveable. “We often expose ourselves to too much sun during the summer, which can leave our skin looking uneven and red. A toner doesn’t just help even out the look of your skin, but also makes it easier to apply your foundation.”  
Using our toner after cleansing  just feels good.  If' I'm going to be outside a lot,  I even drop it into  the bag, because it will help take the burn out of Sunburn!

Interested in Family Wellness and information like this?  Be sure to be subscribe to my newsletter 

No comments: